Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Road - Horrifying yet beautiful

If you call “Tuesday with Morrie’ is a total classic and the most brilliant piece ever, try ‘The Road’ By Cormac McCarthy, and trust me after you read it, you will surely thank me for the recommendation.

A beautiful, mesmerizing life story of a father and a son after a terrible unnamed apocalyptic event in America, heading slowly to a warmer southeast America due to the terrible winter they have to bear with limited source of scavenged food and clothes. Horrific encounters of the bands of cannibals and their preys, prisoners captured in the basement, gradually harvested to pieces for food by their captors. All in one, so grab the book and enjoy the journey like I had.

p/s Book courtesy of my very good friend Veronieta, as a gift for my 25th birthday – One of the best gift I ever had!

0 what say you:

Design by infinityskins.blogspot.com 2007-2008