Saturday, May 23, 2009

Productive & Useful

Saturday is good. Saturday is great. Bcos I really get to sleeeeeeeeep at home. It has been a hectic week for me.

I have been struggling my time with a contract job from a leasing company and my writings for the proceedings for the upcoming conference. It wasn’t easy fitting everything at a time perfectly but I have no choice. I need to have money coming in every month, and at the same time I need to get my thesis work done. I know I can always get money from my family, even my boyfriend doesn’t mind helping me with the car monthly installment. But I have been independent since day one so I think it would be exactly ‘my way of dealing things’ to handle everything on my own without relying on others. Besides, people my age has started earning and I think it would be pretty much embarrassing for me to rely on my family.

My ‘working’ life is basically from 9am-12am. I will go to the office in the morning and come back home for my favourite TV drama at 6pm then I’ll start my thesis work from 7.30pm till its time for bed. It has been very tiring but I like it. Like T, I want to be productive and useful no matter what I do. I know I should have not gone for the contract job since my thesis work is the priority but there are times my thesis work make me feel so hopeless. It wasn’t just about the money for me. This contract job is the only thing that makes me feel useful and worthy. Everyday, I go home with a new hope and a fresh mind to start my work though physically I am already worn out.

Hopefully, things will go well for me and I am looking forward to see what I could do everyday to make life a meaningful one for me. I am not gonna let any single minute to go wasteful with complains and empty talks. This contract job I am doing is also a starting point for me which will be an extra valuable input on my resume.

I remembered my cousin sister told me, every job is the same, the only difference is whether you enjoy doing it or not. Since I enjoy doing what I am doing, I think I am going to continue being useful until I meet the end point of my master life. Being a Libran is always about balance. For me, it’s about doing something that makes me feel useful, while fulfilling my responsibilities which always make me feel emotionally haggard. Whatever it is, at the end of the day, I know I have done a great job making my life significant in my own useful way.

0 what say you:

Design by infinityskins.blogspot.com 2007-2008