Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Friendships that went away

Believe it or not… friends are easy to find but only few will probably stay when the going gets tough. I have bunch of friends… some are younger, older, some are boys, girls, old folks but some of them are just like the ships on the ocean or cars on the move… you will only see them at one point of your life. But at some turning points, they are just like the shadows; you know it’s there but they are just, i dunno, out-of-the-way? I found myself not so keen of looking for people for company except for those who are a dear to me and whom i treasure the most. I put no effort in staying in touch with them, it’s not because I don’t care. It’s because I don’t like to disturb people and I prefer that they find me first.

Even back in UMS, I have lotsa friends, but UMS is now way behind me. It is just a memory in my head and it felt like the friendship I had in UMS is almost a memory behind my head that seems to fade away. What happened? I seriously have no idea. Is it my fault that I became so unaware of the updates of my friends? Am i forgotten? Or, am I dead?

I guess i shouldnt expect much from people. Leave it like how it is supposed to be, move on and enjoy life to the fullest. But it’s funny whenever this whole thing strike me. I feel like writing a book about it. That is why i don't really search for company because i would most likely avoid any unnecessary attachments. No matter how much i feel bored at times, i restrain myself from stepping to a wrong path.

Belle called me just to check in, which is very sweet of her. She was like “What happened to you, lie? you’ve been so silent for a long period, is everything okay?” I know I am lucky to have Belle here. We planned to meet up and spend time together for valentine but we both are now having financial constraint so we will put the idea on hold until everything is in place.

And not to forget Jaffri and Azfar who have been there for me whenever I need them. Thanks so much guys… I spent my last sunday with my bro Jim and Azfar and we had Teppanyaki and arcade games before movies in OU. After movies, we went to IKEA before calling it a day. I enjoyed the lunch, the arcade games, movies and IKEA so much. We didnt do anything so grand or use a lot of money but it was so much fun. Tribute to Azfar for being such a sweetheart that day to me and Jim.

Despite the frustration i get because of this failure, i feel blessed for having such good friends after all. I know i dont lose them all and these are the friendships that i want to keep for life.

1 what say you:

Anonymous said...

Ran through your blog, was interested with the blog you just posted... yeah, friends come and go, but it all depends on both party. You cannot expect your friends to keep looking for you when you didn't even make the effort of replying them. That's what i thought... So, i think you have your part to do to maintain a friendship... All I can say is, human are selfish, no matter they say otherwise, they are selfish in some aspect... Peace...

Design by infinityskins.blogspot.com 2007-2008