Sunday, March 04, 2007

My language of 'FRIENDSHIP'

We are, each of us, angels with one wing...
and we can only fly by embracing one another.


Looking at this picture, I hope it explains how much I treasure the time I had with the friends around me. When this picture was taken, these group of happy people was playing cards until 3.30am in the morning, yet their eyes were not willing to retire because of the fun and the bond surrounds them that night. But then it was too late for all of us, and Jaff concluded the night with his lost on the ‘Monkey’ game (Laughing out Loud).

Obviously, I’m still awake at this moment, trying to sum up the story of the day. What happen if we have no friends around us? Can we survive?

Each and everyone of us has a different definition of ‘friendship’. For me, friendship is the ‘family’ God has given us, the gift we can hardly find wrapped with sincerity and love.

Let me reflect myself on this.

I grew up in the environment where friends should be placed second or third, or fourth or maybe the last since my family truly believed that 'blood is thicker than water'; but what i do not know is, how i actually learn about ‘sincerity’ and sharing love when i started to accept openly to the thing called ‘friendship’.

I was taught and trained to be responsible and independant ever since i was 13 years old. Growing up under the restrictions made by the elder siblings in the family, I only started learning about what ‘friendship’ really means when I entered matriculation in 2001. That was the first time I experienced the world of ‘having friends’ around me without someone telling me to ‘go home’. That is why i can never forget all those memories i had back in KML.

I guess it was hard to understand how i actually treasure the friends I have around me. Well, ‘treasure’ is not the correct word, it’s more like loving them and let them love u back. That’s how friendship actually works, I think.

Someone said to me once, “it’s better to have friends who remember than to have friends who are always reminded to remember.”

I guess there are times, we can’t really be there for each other and it’s hard to prove our friends how much we care for them. But what i can say here is, expectations are actually the real criminal to a broken friendship, nevertheless, sincerity, acceptance and love are the noble gifts you can ever give to a friend.

All those friends I have, I know i may not be the best for you but what i can tell you is... those moments we had together are meant to be treasured forever, and Im always glad you’ve crossed my path.

“There exist companions disposed to break one another to pieces,
but there exists a friend sticking closer than a brother”

- Proverbs 18:24

0 what say you:

Design by infinityskins.blogspot.com 2007-2008