Friday, June 16, 2006

England Vs Trinidad&Tobago (2:0)

I know I was desperate yesterday but I just gotta see England play this time and I heard Rooney is going to play despite the injury he had even before the world cup begin. I had few people to reserve for the game, but at the very last minute I called off the plan thinking that I could just go to the mamak shop nearby and watch football while having dhosai and Teh Tarik. To my surprise, I went alone. Lucky me, I get to drag along few chaps to accompany me since watching it alone wasn’t really a good idea, and even worse, I am a girl. Unfortunately, I was too late to get a table and the place was already a full house with football fans which I believe some of them are watching it just to support or Booing the England team, but that was off my concern at the moment. I had no choice but to go to Peter’s house and watch it with bunch of guys. Lucky me Willy’s girlfriend was there to join us, so im not the only girl around.

The first half of the game was a disappointment as Crouch made a lot of mistakes with his kicking and heading, oh well, his height didn’t even help a bit. Lampard was not in a good position of scoring even one goal, and Owen was the same. The second half was really a blood racing. I know I should keep it down but it became so exciting when Rooney took Owen’s place. Well, Owen still a star to me and I was like “Why didn’t they pick Crouch to get off the field? He sucks this time.” Lennon took his place too and damn he shouldn’t be underestimated. He was good.

For the last 10 minutes of the 2nd half, our hope for England to score started to fade and it was no doubt a total despair. The game was quite offensive as the ball possessions for England is higher in percentage. England kept on striking endlessly eventhough their pride is at stake. Then, it was a GOALLLLL at 83’ from Crouch, unbelievable, he managed to redeem himself. In less than 10 minutes after Crouch's history, my fav footballer, Steven Gerrard, took the pride and contributed another score to England. It was a good score from Gerard.

2-0, it was out of prediction, I don’t think the bookie got it right too. I can’t wait for their next game.

0 what say you:

Design by infinityskins.blogspot.com 2007-2008