Sunday, June 11, 2006

Meet The Parents

Terrifying. Bloodcurdling. Daunting. Stressful. Nerve-racking.

That was what happened yesterday before I set my foot on the Klang ground. Hell yeah, it was “Meet the Parents” session, tell me about it.

Thanks to him for not trying to calm me down. Instead he showered me with all the nail-biting cautions and intimidating remarks about what’s gonna happen next and the aftermath of the meeting. What happen if I failed to meet up to their expectation? It’s horror to even think about it.

The whole 45 minutes drive to Klang from my place is utterly painful. How I wish I have the X-men mutant gene to fly and run away from the whole uneasy circumstances. It’s killing me deep inside. I was being paranoid for a minute there. Suddenly, the view doesn’t look so nice from the car window, the road feels like it’s eating me alive and the weather is no doubt slaughtering me. No matter how much I try to squeeze in to feel better, it still feels like my life is on the edge and I feel so uptight inside.

45 minutes didn’t take that long, as I wished it should be. The gate is already open as to welcome my arrival. I wish it’s the end of the pressure but unfortunately it was just the beginning and I can’t hide the awkward gesture inevitably displayed.

Initial introduction was not bad. They welcomed me with their best smiles. Met the lil’ bro with a big shoulder, making me feel like a hobbit. The house is nice and cozy, just enough for the size of their family of five. Lunch was okay, and I was having a hard time finishing my food since my capacity is rather small.

We had coffee after lunch while flipping through the albums of his childhood picture.

But here are few things I would like to share with you.

How do you know if it’s a good sign?
1. When they show you their son’s childhood picture and shared funny jokes with you about the picture. (Checked)
2. When they showed you their wedding picture and says “The wedding just feels like yesterday.” (Checked)
3. When the father keeps on laughing and talking while the mother sits beside you and asked if the coffee is okay. (Checked)
4. They sent you to the door when you had to leave and say “Come again.” (Checked)
5. They wave at you with smiles while saying goodbye and waited until he drives away leaving the house. (Checked)

All checked. I should give myself an applause.


I was so flattered by how they treated me on the first meeting. I enjoyed every bit of it. It was awkward at first but we managed to fit in. Im glad I did my best but he warned me not to be too over-confident until the postmortem.

Believe it or not, few hours later he told me the postmortem went like this,

The father said to the motherThe boy is smart. He chose the right girl.”

I managed to pull it off, despite having to impress a knowledgeable father. At the end of the day, I think the father did impress me with his knowledge. Remind me how lucky I was that I managed to go through the test smoothly.

Tell me how I should celebrate this.

0 what say you:

Design by infinityskins.blogspot.com 2007-2008