Thursday, August 17, 2006

Coincidence can be a blessing

Today was a big coincidence for me. At first I woke up about 7.30 a.m., which was already late and I told Emily that I might just take the bus later, but when I’m planning to hit the bed again, the sleep has gone away. Instead of forcing myself to go back to my dream, I prepared myself and I have no idea why I chose to wear a formal top to go with my black pants. My reason was, I want to attend Yan’s convocation and I want to look formal and decent, not knowing that something might happen today and this is a blessing in disguise.

I reached UKM about 8 a.m and was preparing my paperwork when suddenly my senior called from his home and asked me to save the day. Apparently, our supervisor has gone to Equatorial Hotel for the conference without my senior’s poster. I was like “How am I going to put up the poster when I have no transport to go to the venue?” I was about to withdraw some money since I don’t have enough cash in my purse, and take a taxi to the hotel. Emily saved me from the hassle at last. *THANKS EMILY*

So there I was in the conference hall. The room was already filled with people with formal wear and I feel so lucky for not wearing my torn jeans and lousy tee. I managed to put up the poster at last on the 77th and was ready to leave when I spotted a friend’s poster on the 29th board. Awwwwwwwwww….. I wish I have mine on one of the board too… For a moment there, I feel a tingle of sadness. I worked so hard for this conference and I didn’t make it at the end. *sigh*

I buzz Jaff (who was one of the poster’s candidates) with an SMS to inform him that I am there so he can come and see me before I leave. He escaped from the whole serious-and-quite-atmosphere (because an oral presentation was taking place at that time), to come and say hi to me. He was full with smiles, yeah, I can see that, and I am proud of him. We were talking about his poster for a while and I left.

The best part was when my supervisor SMS me to say thank you for agreeing to go through the hassle and save the day, and requested that I’ll be there to put up the poster before the Tea Break. I proudly replied to her “Prof, it’s already on the board.”

Yeah, I saved the day.

She asked me to stay but I have other serious matter waiting for me in UKM.

P/S Congratulations on winning the poster, Jaff. You know someday I might just have to kill you so I don't have to compete with you on winning the trophy next time *kidding*

0 what say you:

Design by infinityskins.blogspot.com 2007-2008