Tuesday, May 06, 2008

The power of prayers

We focus too much on other stuff that we tend to forget the most important thing in our lives – PRAYERS.

I have been facing a lot of problems with work and my relationship with others for quite some time. It took a whole lot of energy in me that I feel like giving up and just call it quit.

About a week ago, a friend suggested me to pray for the problems I am facing. All this while I was not convinced enough about the power of prayers. After hearing the stories from him about the power of prayers, I just gave it a shot.

Like usual, my night prayers will be on the bed before I close my eyes to sleep. I just said it out as though I was talking to a friend about my problems. I was hoping for some miracles to happen between me and my senior whom I had problems with.

For few days, nothing happened that change the situation between us until about an hour ago, he called me to ask about my experimental results, and some other information. After explaining it to him, he ended the call by saying, “Okay, I just want to say, you gonna have problems in your thesis.” He said that nonchalantly before hanging up. Of course I couldn’t take it, so I told him off thru SMS, telling him not to insult me that way again. After sending the ultimatum, I was expecting him to bark even louder at me considering his understandable awful ego.

But then,

his reply was beyond every of my expectation. He told me not to take it as an offense, and maybe it was time for him to be less harsh.

Peeps, Daniel had passed down the power of prayers to me, I hope this time I will also be able to convince you that, prayers are powerful if you believe in it.

"'Have faith in God,' Jesus answered. 'I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, "Go, throw yourself into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins'" (Mark 11:22-25).

"And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it" (John 14:13-14).

0 what say you:

Design by infinityskins.blogspot.com 2007-2008