Monday, October 27, 2008

Edwin's waltz

Earlier this month, I went back to KK to attend my brother's wedding. It was one of the most beautiful wedding ceremony we ever had in Edwin's family. The first wedding was in 1992 or 1993, and I was one of the flower girls for my brother Cyprinus's wedding, then followed by Hermes's wedding, then the sister's, Lidwina and Rosie.

The sequence was more than 10 years ago.

Now it's the younger generation's turn to run the sequence.

Like every one else, I am very proud of my own family though crisis are inevitable at times. There are 14 siblings, not including the in laws, nephews and nieces. We are more than good to qualify for a football team (by number of course).

Absolutely we couldnt have done it until here if it was not for my dad who has been there supporting us since birth. Dad has been the one stressing out the importance of education and hardwork, though at that time, many of his friends stopped their children's education to help the family earn a living. My dad had a different mindset. He had to work for many jobs at one time to make sure money is sufficient for our education. Remember, my dad has 14 kids. One job salary was not good enough. He worked for 55 years (since he was about 10 years old). He pushed for his retirement at the age of 65. Even at that time, his employer wanted him to work for them for another 2 years (that's how my father was acknowledged by his community).

Now. Here we are. The Edwin kids. showing our gratitude for all the hardships dad has gone through in his whole life. A dance for our dearly beloved father. A dance which we have performed for Fred's wedding in 2007 and Jack's wedding this year.



So here.

I present to you.

The Edwin's version of Waltz.

Edwin's Waltz.

Enjoy!



3 what say you:

Gnet said...

Fellie dear,
the dance is just so so sweet!
and it touched me since u dedicate that to your father.
the one dancing, is that all ur siblings??
mesti rumah was full of chaoticness during old times but that what makes it special kan?=)
now i'm very proud of your father!

F.E.A said...

Thanks G... ya those are my siblings, in laws, nieces and nephews dancing that night. The three couples dancing behind are my nieces n nephews. The one u see a lot in the video is my eldest sister and my-only-single brother in the family... hahahah!!

Anonymous said...

Great stuff! It's good to see how much you love your dad.

Design by infinityskins.blogspot.com 2007-2008