Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The truth about military drivers

After my tuition class, I drove up to KL to see boyfriend. I was rushing off to reach KL because I was having a grumbling stomach. There was no massive traffic and everybody was driving very fast. Being a good driver myself (after getting speed trap once), I always follow the speed limit because paying summon of RM300 is painful for me.

I guess I just couldn’t wait to meet boyfriend that I followed the pace of most of the cars, but still sticking to my speed of less than 100km/hr. There was this van overtook me when when we were passing the Kesas highway flyover.He was driving crazily fast and I could see that the driver didn’t really care of the safety of other drivers. So I made a maneuver to the middle lane to escape from the white van, and the van drove along fast enough that I couldn’t trace it after changing lane. I was in a middle lane until I have to get to the fast lane to get to the Smart Tunnel as the Istana road is still under construction. So I took the fast lane right after a military lorry drove passed me with a merciless speed.

I wasn’t really familiar with the road as it was the first or second time I took the smart tunnel from Seremban highway. Lucky thing I just got off the phone (using headphone of course) and focus on my driving. I was in a safe distance from the military lorry which was about 15 metres ahead of me. When i saw the lorry, it was suddenly stopping to a halt to escape from bumping the height limit. Lucky enough with the distance, I managed to stop my car after pressing hard on my brake pedal (really really hard). My car tyres made a terrible screeching sound, but lucky I managed to control my wheel from hitting the tall divider. The thing is, my car took quite sometime to reach to a full halt that when it finally stopped, I was right below the bump of the military lorry, the bump was just inches away from kissing my front window and my fender (front part of the car) was exactly below the bump and inches away from the lorry’s right tyre. I was lucky enough that the lorry is very tall or else, you can imagine what would happen to me. It couldn’t be worse if the lorry was driving at only one lane. At least i could take the other lane to escape from the lorry. But the best things was, the lorry was exactly in the middle of the two lanes that I have no choice but to force (really hard!) my car to a full halt since the two lanes are covered with a metre height of divider. It could be worse if I just bang the concrete divider.

At that very moment, i was thinking - What the hell are these bastards doing driving so fast and stopping all of sudden? What if i was driving fast tailing him behind? What if i wasnt really looking since my eyesight at night is not very good? What if i managed to stop like how i did but a car behind me bang me from behind pushing my car forward hard enough to crash below the lorry? What if i couldnt control my wheel and hit the divider?

I could have been dead by now!

I couldn’t breathe for a moment. The lorry's bumper was just right in front of my face, a distance away just safe enough from crashing my front window. I couldn’t hold my anger. Worse still, the lorry driver did not even come down to apologize, instead he ordered me to reverse my car when he was already putting on his reverse signal in a way to send me the message. How rude was that?

There were already few cars behind us, I scolded the guy in the lorry and told them that they could have killed me. The van which I saw previously was already pulled over, right after the height limit. That was the previous van who drove like a maniac! A man with a military uniform was walking away from his car heading to the lorry, passing my car. I wind down my window again and started to complain because I was still in a tremendous shock. Guess what?! Instead of saying sorry, he didn’t care what I said and made a rude sign language for me to just go away. He was angry but i don't deserve that kind of sarcasm after the terrible incident.

I tell you, these bastards shouldn’t be allowed to drive! For a start, they should learn how to respect the public. Secondly, they should learn how to be a responsible driver. They don't deserve our respect even though they are doing a noble job for the country! Whatever! They are doing a noble job, but they are rude, temperament, and they are just so screwed up! They drive as though the roads are theirs. I have seen many cases like this, a military vehicles with a plate number of “ZZ” driving recklessly without considering other road users.

Don’t ever trust or drive near these crazy military drivers with a plate number of ‘ZZ’. For once, government should take charge of these people driving the military vehicles. Bad things might happen one day and its better to cure than to feel sorry.

Even though you can use a handsfree, try to avoid using handphone while driving. Accident happened even when we drive safely because i don't think everybody on the road care much about other drivers.

Lesson learned, I was lucky today.




*SIGH*

0 what say you:

Design by infinityskins.blogspot.com 2007-2008