Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bryan's Goodbyes

Lie’s heart out…..

Pearl has got her says on how Bryan touched her life, Emm has her theatrical recount on Bryan’s last day with us along with other embarrassing information on her blog, and Lydia has her poignant details at the airport and now I guess it’s my turn to share the glint of memories I have with Bryan when he was still here.

First, Bryan has been my loyal lunch partner on Fridays. Banana lunch at Paandi’s has now become a valuable reminiscence between Bryan and me, and also Lydia who ditched us once in awhile because her sleeps seemed to overshadow the importance of this tradition.

Second, I feel honored for having Bryan to drive me in my car whenever we had plans together. I don’t think I can have that privilege anymore, now that Bryan has retired for good.

Third, Bryan has always been there when I needed company since I was always left home alone at the kennel during the semester break. I guess I still have my Dennis/Denise (my unisex toy dog) to sleep when I’m home alone.

Now that Bryan is ‘over the ocean’ and I have no idea when will be the next time I’ll be seeing him, I guess he deserved this post and all the credits I never had a chance to give him.

Bryan brought me out last Monday for our last drinking session (since Friday night was fortuitously cancelled). Lydia and Emm ditched us (again!) for CNY shopping, while Alfred thought it would be nice to give us this chance to catch up with each other after knowing we got cancelled by the two shopaholic-of-the-day.

So, Bryan chose this place called George and the Dragon In Bangsar.


The venue...


Fellie: Bryan, I don’t know about Monday night.

Bryan: Hey, why?

Fellie: I’m totally broke for the entire month. My budget repels me from having fun!

Bryan: No worries. It’s on me this time. Besides, I owed you rm10.

George and the Dragon in exchange of rm10?? Wow, I was a lucky bitch.

Fellie: (Embarrassed) Are u sure? I still have a bottle here. But if you insist (with thick face) then let me buy you a drink the next time (of course after I get a job lah!).

Bryan: (*If there is next time*) … hehhehehhhehe…

If I wasn’t desperate to have this one opportunity to spend with Bryan before he leaves, I wouldn’t let him pay of course.

So Bryan fetched me from Taman Desa and by 10pm we were already there. I didn’t know that I was such a virgin when it comes to beer.

Bryan was like, “Have you tried kilkenny? Ale? tetleys?”

Then he went on and on about beers. I was lost. Bryan was in another zipcode. He was excited about his new ‘KL discovery’ after KLPac.

Me: Okay Bryan, you do the ordering and I do the experimentation.


The beers we tried.

The smaller one taste like Lihing (one of Kadazan trad drinks), the bigger one is kilkenny with a smoother taste of beer with some honey taste that Bryan said i should have tasted but i couldn't.


Cam-whoring for one nite won't hurt..... i guess.


Bryan looked satisfied with his last glass of Killkenny.

His choice of food was excellent, and of course I tried almost all the beers the place has to offer except for tetleys. Apart from the food, we had a good chat while his KLPac friends were at the neighboring table.

We sat outside after food and this is how it looked like from the outside.

Bryan told me about his KLpac and all other stuff that I missed while I was away, in exchange I fed him mine. We were the last customer to leave and that was my last drinking session with Bryan.

I guess I don’t have to repeat what happened the day before he left. You can check Emm’s blog for the ‘hot feature’.

Well Bryan, it has been nice to have you crossed my path. You have been a great friend to all of us. I hope this friendship will stay on like we hoped. I’m not sure how to end this post so I’m just gonna leave you (and other readers) with this video I wanted to share with you.

Bryan: You guys like Westlife?

Me: (Hesitated) Oh well Bryan, it's your day. We like whatever you like for today. (sorry for lying Bryan, westlife is totally out off my list).


Bryan was singing his last song which he claimed was his fav song.

- Flying without wings, by Westlife

Till then, Bryan. Say hi to Brisbane for me.



Signing out~~~

2 what say you:

Gnet said...

that's just so sweet girl
bryan has been a very good and interesting friend to all of us.
:)

Pebbles said...

LOL....Fellie, I'm proud you lied well..Might recommend you to the school of lying set up by Cheese and I. :P

Design by infinityskins.blogspot.com 2007-2008