Saturday, January 17, 2009

Something for your soul

My dearest chirpy friends,

To those of you who are looking for nice songs to add into their playlist, here’s the list of my favourite songs. (Please check my playlist above)


Currently I am listening to a band call Paramore, a bit fast for you folks, but the music is catchy and suitable enough to change your mood. Perfect for your driving playlist, remarkable vocalist, almost forgetting Evanescence. But I haven’t really got the chance to look into their lyrics. Like I said, it’s the vocal that impressed me.

Muse isn’t bad at all, listen to their version of the famous song ‘cant take my eyes off you’ . Brilliant.

My favourite band is Iron & Wine and songwriter Sam Beam. I just discovered them, thanks to Twilight soundtrack. Soothing music with very thoughtful lyrics. You may not catch the meaning of the songs immediately, but as you listen to the music and absorb the lyric together with the melody, I don’t think you’ll regret flipping through my recommendations. They are full of surprises. Nice songs which are perfect for my music list.

Let’s give it a try. Here’s one of my fav song of Iron & Wine, if you’re Twilight fan I think you should know this song.

Title: Flightless Bird, American Mouth

Written by Sam Beam himself.

I was a quick wet boy, diving too deep for coins
All of your street light eyes wide on my plastic toys
Then when the cops closed the fair, I cut my long baby hair
Stole me a dog-eared map and called for you everywhere

Have I found you
Flightless bird, jealous, weeping or lost you, american mouth
Big pill looming

Now I'm a fat house cat
Nursing my sore blunt tongue
Watching the warm poison rats curl through the wide fence cracks
Pissing on magazine photos
Those fishing lures thrown in the cold
And clean blood of Christ mountain stream

Have I found you
Flightless bird, grounded, bleeding or lost you, american mouth
Big pill stuck going down


What's your translation of the song?

0 what say you:

Design by infinityskins.blogspot.com 2007-2008