Wednesday, March 25, 2009

the news

As I have mentioned in my previous entry, I just got a job. Some friends thought I am getting married. Pardon me for being ludicrously elusive about the good news!! Marriage for me goes later since I am more excited about growing my career now. I know words spread around, penetrating through boundaries, in fact, T’s mom actually pushed the subject on us. Her reason was to get us married before I lose my youthfulness. I guess what she meant was, I look old standing beside T. Well, ‘that’ good news will come when the time comes alright?

I just got a job from a life science company (I can’t reveal the name here because I wouldn’t want to be found on google based on the keywords), where I will be working closely with hospitals and private medical centers. Fyi, I am not selling equipments or products, it’s more to service and consultation. Ask me when you see me in person.

I was really excited about the employment because this will be the first time I actually go out there and do something different in my life. My mom of course wasn’t so thrilled with the news, saying she’s being abandoned. She really wanted me to be there and I feel bad I can’t hold my life for her.

The good thing is, after the first acceptance, few offers actually came to me. An environmental company from Bangsar called up this morning and wanted to hire me. The offer was really tempting but the problem was they wanted me to join them as soon as next Monday. That will be less than a week for me to wrap up my thesis. So it was very unfortunate for me.

I called my tuition center boss, I think she’s scratching her head now looking for someone to take over my spot as it will be difficult for me to juggle my time between full-time and part time job. I wanted to help my students but it won’t be fair for them as I can’t provide them full attention.

It’s really sad that my good news has disappointed some people as I don’t like to disappoint anybody with my incapabilities.

Let’s see where it’ll take me from here..

Till then, sayonara for now…

3 what say you:

JeP said...

Good for you lie!

Welcome to the real world. Here's wishing you a great start of a new chapter. Not al all relating to your thesis chapters, by the way.

:)

Anonymous said...

congrats lie!! knew you could do it!
happy for you.. :)
all the best in your 1st real job ya..

F.E.A said...

Thanks fifa, thanks jep..
luv u both lots!!!! :P

Design by infinityskins.blogspot.com 2007-2008