Thursday, February 12, 2009

Scientific frustration

Before i start my entry, pardon me for being too scientific today. I just need to LET OUT MY FRUSTRATION!! *sigh*


Being part of the research team is never easy. Yesterday was the second time I got my ‘calibration curve’ correctly with almost a perfect R-square linear for all tested chemical. The first time i was feeling so happy about this particular stage of my project is in last October when I was using the third Gas chromatography machine (the one i'm using now is the fourth since 2008). I had experienced this kind of bliss for two freaking times, and what happen in the end?? I had to go back to square one. ish


Happiness has proved its price. It wasn’t that easy.


Instead of resting my feet on the floor and facebook-ing/writing thesis/MSN-ing/email-ing/all the –ing I can do, I have to run around today after finding out I use the wrong method for the perfect result of my calibration curve. URGH!! *clenching fist* there goes a whole day of my sweet effort yesterday..


Doing it is not a problem since that’s what a researcher do. They keep searching until they can search no more. The thing is, one sample took ONE freaking' hour before going for the second sample!


One minute of sample injection, 15 minutes of online data acquisition from the GC run, 2 minutes of analysing report data in the offline page, 1 minute of report printing, and 41 minutes of looking at the empty wall while waiting for the GC to be ready for the next injection!


Internet shows some mercy to occupy some of my time or else it’s a lifetime torture.


It was an early day for me, running from home to Taman Desa at 6.30am to do some important errands, then back to UKM by 8.30am to prepare my sample for my 10 o’clock GC. Then, tutoring at 8-10pm. What else is there to spice up my insignificant life!


Signing out….. dozing off..


1 what say you:

Anonymous said...

"One minute of sample injection, 15 minutes of online data acquisition from the GC run, 2 minutes of analysing report data in the offline page, 1 minute of report printing, and 41 minutes of looking at the empty wall while waiting for the GC to be ready for the next injection!"

Hahaha!

Design by infinityskins.blogspot.com 2007-2008