Tuesday, February 24, 2009

World map


Believe it or not, I am very bad in geography. When I said bad, its very very very bad beyond explanation.

Ohh! I thought Dubai is in India?

I think you meant Bombay or Mumbai.

And where is New Zealand? I thought it should be near Switzerland or Sweden since their names almost rhyme with each other.”

Noooo, It’s down under! Oh my goodness, your school teacher should fail you in geography!”

Oh shooott!!!!" What can I say, I haven't been learning much about geography for 10 years now since PMR.

But I know where Madagascar is because of the movie.

It’s pretty much embarrassing, I know. But seriously, I have taken the subject for granted. So much for saying I love travelling huh? I don’t even know what country is on the left, or right of the world map.

So today, I learned about Ottoman Empire from an Iraqi friend who has been kind enough to share some historical and geographical information which I never took time to learn. We even googled the world map. Like a kid, I played a little searching game on the map.

Let’s find Brazil! Where is Netherland, Iceland, Argentina, Mexico, and Portugal??!!

It doesn’t take long to understand the whole map. All this while I only know from Australia till Thailand, and after that, my knowledge is almost zero. I should be ashamed of myself even though I know these places by names.

So guys, don’t tell me you know where Morocco is, or Sahara, or Ecuador. I believe some people from the west doesn’t even know the existence of Malaysia. So I intend to share my knowledge here.

To those who took geography for granted, it’s not too late. I have something for you here to start with. Have a look on the map and see how much you know about the world.


2 what say you:

Gnet said...

haha
this post reminded me of myself when playing game in FB the other day.
its testing your knowledge about all these places around the world.
I FAILED.
major.
TOTALLY.

so yea i need a world map!

F.E.A said...

Too much of FB can be good too right?? haha! well, its not too late dear... it isnt tat hard to master the world map if u try.. :D

Design by infinityskins.blogspot.com 2007-2008