Monday, February 16, 2009

wind of change


I had a very good interview with a life science company at Megan Avenue II today. The interviewer was slightly serious yet very pleasant to me. He kept asking me why I wanted to do marketing job or sales when my options are wider given that I have a strong science background. He was surprised that I chose marketing/sales job over lab technologist post. I assured him that I have been in research field for years, and this time I would like to do something more outdoorsy and meeting people. He wasn’t convinced of course, so I had to satisfy him with a better answer. But we had a good session. There'll be a second interview for the shortlisted candidates.


I am not putting so much of hopes, I have learned from my previous mistake. I am just gonna go with the flow, building my confidence through interviews, perfecting my communication skills by being clear and concise with the information I am delivering during the interview. I am merely preparing myself for the big shot company so while I am at it, I just follow wherever the wind blows me.


Of course, you will ask me why would I change my field?


I like management jobs or marketing and I like being part of the system. Most importantly, I like doing something which makes me feel good. I like talking to people and get their perspectives of things. I am all about personal development rather than doing something that makes me feel stupid all the time. Research does not satisfy my personal development anymore though I used to be very good at problem solving and scientific troubleshooting when I was doing my undergrad thesis. But now, not anymore. My talents had been suppressed with the stagnant growth of my interest and I am very unmotivated. I am not interested in lectureship though I am doing a part-time teaching job in a center. But that’s just a part time job to sustain myself every month. Besides, my four-wheel bestfriend who followed me wherever I go needs to drink fuel every month too.


Don's get me wrong, research is a very good field, but it's no longer my thing anymore. I have passed through the stage of convincing myself about being a researcher.


Besides, if I do marketing or sales, I get to wear formal skirts like this... (cool huh?)


With my personality, which one suits me better?

This..

or this....


2 what say you:

Anonymous said...

The top photo. How did this happen? How does someone take a photo of you laying down naked? Either someone was spying on her or someone close to her betrayed her badly. I feel sorry for the lady.

F.E.A said...

ya i heard the news. The politics in Malaysia are not very stable at the moment as the opposition party is trying to take over the government. It's no surprise this happened.

Design by infinityskins.blogspot.com 2007-2008