Friday, February 06, 2009

SNAKE dream... (gulp!)

I had a nightmare last night and woke up feeling horror. I checked the time and it was 7am sharp. The dream seems so vivid in my memory and my room was still dark. I got scared and immediately dialed T’s number, I know he’ll be awake by then for work. He was actually surprised to see my call as I always text him before sleeping and he’ll know what time I slipped into my bed. He comforted me and assured me to go back to sleep as I just had 3 hours of sleep.

I went back to sleep and I thought I will forget about my nightmare the moment I shut my eyes again. I got up 3 hours later and that dream was still dancing in my memory. Something is wrong, I usually forget my dreams after hours of having it and the subsequent sleep didn’t help either.

So here I am trying to interpret my dreams.


It happened in Taman Desa. I just reached home and was entering the house when I saw a long green large cylindrical hose resting against the wall on the floor. It took me few minutes to recognize what it was. GASP! A snake! It was as big as my thigh, probably bigger and it’s green. I didn’t know what kind of snake it was until it hits me. Yes it was an anaconda. But it was lying quietly on the floor, not moving. I walked into the house to examine the length of it, right in the corner at another staircase inside the house was its tail, only skin left, the meat was all gone. Owh, my maid killed it already. But where is the head? So I went and searched for the head, it was at the staircase outside facing the entrance door and I actually passed it when I entered the house without realizing the head is there! How did I not know that? There’s nothing much to do as the snake is already dead. So I went to the backyard of the house to regain my consciousness, and when I was outside, I turned around to see same snake which I thought was already dead attacking my younger sister. So I stepped into the house to rescue my sister whose head was already inside the snake’s mouth, I can’t remember pulling my sister away but what I remembered after that was, I was stepping onto its head again and again, and surprisingly it didn’t fight back. The snake actually obeyed me and I looked up to find my younger sister and the maid feeling nothing as though the snake wasn't there in the first place, in fact they were busy catching something on TV! I was confused, the snake obeyed me and my sister didn't actually know I saved her life. Weirdness. Before I could ask her, I got up from my nightmare.


I was so anxious about the dream, so I googled it. I found few interesting insights and theories about snake dream but some are too freaky to understand. Let’s journey with me on this quest of my SNAKE dream interpretation .

Some interpretations I got from the internet didn’t really fit into the current situation I am having in my life right now, so I’m just gonna include those which are relevant and interesting… (hehe)..

One source says…

In writing about Snake Symbolism, Gillian Holloway, Ph.D. wrote, "People who are dying or who have lost a loved one often dream of snakes, at or near the time of death. For whatever reason, these dreams seem involved with the psychic awareness of the transition from this life to the next...."

Errrrr, this is creepy enough. I meant I did lose someone I love, but for me to know that my time is up…??? That’s a bit outrageous, ok let’s move on before my hair goes up…

Another source says..

If in a snake dream you overcome and kill a threatening snake in your dream, it shows that you will overcome your adversary and win out.

I like this one. Wait. In my dream, I saw a snake which turned out to be dead after some investigation. Then when I turned my back on it, it started attacking my sister, behind me, and I caught it red-handed. And the snake obeyed when I tried to kill it, and my sister didn’t know that her head was almost swallowed by a giant snake. So what I can say here is that, I saw danger coming, so I tried to analyse the level of risk it might bring to us, found out it was nothing to worry about, then turn around to focus on something else. But then, the moment i put the case to rest, it strike again (behind my back!) and attack my family, or the person I love. And when I take the matter into my hand, it goes the way I wanted it to be. Am I the key to resolution or triumphant? I can’t be sure…

Let’s look at other analogy..

One source is more perspective, it goes straight to the point to what I have been experiencing in my life lately.

STEP 1: QUESTIONS to help you make associations (pick the one that makes most sense to you)
- Did you particularly dislike some bad atmosphere the day before the dream?
- What do you fear will strike at any moment?
- What bad relationships have been troubling you yesterday?
- Has someone been behaving in a nasty or deceptive way?
- Do you feel that someone is trying to draw you into a dispute?
- What creative projects have you been wrestling with?
- Do you feel that the snake could be a phallic symbol linking to sexual activity at the time of the dream?

STEP 2:

KEY WORDS : write down some quotes that capture your key feelings on issues that have been dominating your mind

I came up with these…

THESIS



JOBLESS


STEP THREE: KEY PHRASES

There were dozens of phrases, and the ones that are irrelevant so far was these two,

"I just cannot deal with that” – (Keyword: Jobless)

"Its a task which I cannot seem to conquer - I am just lacking creativity and insight" (Keyword: Thesis)


STEP FOUR: ESSAY : What is the symbolic meaning of snakes in dreams?


1. In many cases the snake may refer to people you do not like or do not trust. (At this moment, not really)


2. Snakes may refer to difficult situations that you feel you are being sucked into. (Very likely!)

"I just don't want to be DRAWN INTO the dispute. But I cannot seem to stay neutral"[Dream symbol - snake]

3. The snake may represent some fear that may strike at any moment. (Recession is gonna hit Malaysia? Then I lose every chance to get a job? Ouch!)

"The company could go bankrupt at ANY MOMENT and I'll lose my job"[Dream symbol - snake]


4. Snakes link a great deal to difficult relationships. (I’m happy with T)

5. Snakes can link to intellectual and problems which you just cannot seem to solve. (BINGO!)

"I have been wrestling with this project for some time now. I have been working night and day on it"[Dream symbol - wrestling with an Anaconda]

"This project is really proving a difficult one. I am CONSTANTLY WORKING on it night and day"[Dream symbol - wrestle with Anaconda]

"I have been struggling to understand a problem I am researching at the laboratory. I have concentrated on this for ages now but the solution is eluding me "[Dream symbol - snakes]


Signing out... in confusion..

3 what say you:

Gnet said...

seluruh bulu di badan naik oh fellie ).0

Anonymous said...

I think you need a snake as a pet. I will buy you a snake from my local pet shop and tell him to wriggle to you in Malaysia. If he starts wriggling now he might arrive before you die of old age. How long do snakes live? Snake might die of old age before he gets to you. Whatever.

F.E.A said...

I know Gnet.... i got scared too...

Design by infinityskins.blogspot.com 2007-2008